Monday, February 28, 2011

screw you im going home

For the first time in 13 years I want to say Fuck You Army. They have finally screwed us, and wasn't even nice enough to give him a reach around.. Few months ago DH emailed him branch manager to see about moving back to Campbell this summer. He thought it was time to get back to the "real" Army since we have been in DC for 4 years now. That was before the holidays. Ok so a month or so ago he emailed back saying there was a spot open for him in July, great thats what we want. So I started looking at houses since we were going to buy. I wasn't looking real hard since we have no orders in hand. We all know how things can change. Also I just had a feeling that out west was calling our name, because we have not been out west yet. I told him over and over the Army is going to bend you over screw you and send us to TX or AZ. Well they did and screwed us HARD and we didn't see it coming

i came home yesterday and was sitting on the couch and DH came and sat beside me with his laptop. Ok what stupid shit is he going to show me on Youtube. No he starts pulling up AKO. So im like ok out west here we come. Im ready for ya. He pulls up his stuff and it says FT Campbell ok great we got what we want. He doesn't look happy so im thinking they are sending him to a brigade he doesn't want. He says "this isn't Campbell" and highlights some thing.

No its not, its fucking KUWAIT, and Campbell is our HAAP. So he is PCSing to Kuwait this summer and we may go to Campbell afterwards. Im so pissed, I feel homeless since we dont really know where we going after that. I know we aren't homeless i know we can stay in DC while he is gone,but there is nothing here for me. No support really, since there is no FRG or anything. So me and the boys are heading home to Ohio, to our little hometown. We have found a house we want to see but its a 3 bedroom so the boys will have to share a room. But its across town from my mom.

Sorry if i rambled my head is full of crap. We so didn't see this coming at all. I was exspecting to go to Campbell and have him deploy. I know I need to look on the brightside. Thats more money we have to use as a down payment when(if) we move to Campbell. To bad we can't keep the DC BAH....lol

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's rough. I remember when SB went to Korea for a yr and was suppose to come back to AZ. Someone thought it necessary to stoploss him, change his orders to belong to Ft.Bliss and prepare to go to Afghanistan. Afghanistan never happened & he went to TX. Several that could, put in their retirement pkts. Me, the kids, and the house we owned were stuck 4.5hrs away. He found another slot here but Bliss wouldn't give him up (the reason is another story). He was at his 10 yr mark & decided to walk away. He came home, made some phone calls and started work as a civ within a couple months. The last Army paycheck, 1st VA check, and 1st civ chk made for a relatively smooth transition. So hang in there, it will really Suck for a while but u can make everything work how u want.

    ReplyDelete